7 August 2012

My favourite books to read in Summer!

The thing I love to read in the summer is books and of course a few magazines. I thought I would share with you some books I have loved reading and hope you will love them too! I won't go into much detail in what happens as I don't want to spoil it for you, most of them are a series of books.


Matched, Crossed & Reached by Ally Condie
This series is set in the future, it is told in the eyes of Cassia who has recently turned 17. At this age the society will decide who they will be matched to and have their future with, at the banquet Cassia is matched with her best friend, Xander Carrow. But when she gets her card and puts it into the machine Ky Markham's face appears. This is very similar to the Hunger Games. So if you loved that then this is a great series to read next.




Divergent & Insurgent by Veronica Roth
This again is set in the future, in the city it is separated into five different factions:
1. Candor (the honest) 2. Erudite (the intelligent) 3. Amity (the peaceful) 4. Dauntless (the brave) 5. Abnegation (the selfless) 
Beatrice (currently living in Abnegation) is the main character all the teenagers at 16 take an aptitude test and learns that she is different from other people. This means she is not suited for just one faction. In her case, she is suited for three: Dauntless, Abnegation, and Erudite. This is such a gripping book and I just loved reading it. This is defiantly similar compared with the Hunger Games, that the city it separated into sections.



Nightshade, Wolfsbane, Bloodrose. by Andrea Cremer
Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she’ll be the mate of alpha wolf Ren Laroche. When she violates her masters’ laws by saving a human boy out for a hike. Calla begins to question her fate and of the world she has known. But by following her heart, she might lose. This series is SO amazing I can't even describe how good it is. It leaves you wanting to read more and more and I love that in a book. I defiantly recommend you reading this. The prequel I think is called Rift is just coming out today (7th August). At the end it is SO sad me and Izzy cried loads, I hope you will enjoy this book too.




The Glass House (The Morganville series) by Rachel Caine
College freshman Claire Danvers aged 16 has moved to Morganville to studding at the university away her home and family. But she has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation, where the popular girls never let her be. When Monica and her crew push her down the flight of Claire soon realises that she needs to find somewhere else to stay. She comes across “The Glass House” and meets Shane, Eve & Michael. This series has so many twists and turns and it will leave you wanting more, I can't wait for the last (12th) book to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. It always makes my day.
I am not trying to be grumpy or rude, but please can you not put anything like "if you follow my blog, I will follow yours...or please check out my blog"
I do always try to have a look at your blog, if I like it yes I will follow it and maybe leave a comment. But otherwise I will not. Thank you!

I will always, write a reply within 24hrs. If it is a question or more in depth then you can either comment or if it is more in depth then you can always drop me an email (naturalbeauty532@gmail.com) xx

What posts would you like to see more often or your favourite type of post?